July 16 - 20
8:30am - 3:00pm
Ages 8 - 14
Traditions of Capoeira with Mestre Batata: A week long workshop series covering the traditions of Capoeria:
Capoeira Instrumental Music (berimbau and percussion)
Capoeira Songs and Portuguese Languange
Capoeira Culture and History
Capoeira Maculelê (stick fighting and dancing)
Self Defense Training
- Capoeira Besouro or Batizado shirt whenever possible.
- Non- White pants for outside class (we start the day in Laurelhurst Park)
- Sack Lunch or $8-$10 for Rice and Spice
- Water Bottle
- Optional: Berimbau or tambourine
- Optional: Soccer Ball
- Misc: hair ties, sunscreen, necessary medications, any medical notes / emergency contacts we need to know of.
- 8:30 drop off at Laurelhurst Park: On Ankeny just West of Cesar Chavez Blvd. We will be in that north east corner in the open field. Getting directions to "The Laurelhurst Club" will get you at the right spot. There is plenty of parking.
- 8:30-12:00 Classes in the park
- 12:00 Lunch either at park or Flying Tortoise (transport provided by us or a short walk)
- 1:00-3:00 Class at Flying Tortoise Academy
- 3:00 Pickup at Flying Tortoise Academy
- Bathrooms are on the north side of the pond near the training area.
- There are pic nic tables for snacks
- Plenty of sun as well as shade